No right is more precious in a free country than that of having a voice in the election of those who make the laws under which, as good citizens, we must live. Other rights, even the most basic, are illusory if the right to vote is undermined.
- US Supreme Court

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

(5) Obama does the Bush-dance like a native Texan

REASONS WHY I WILL NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA (and you shouldn't, either) #5



Now I don't even know what party he's running for.
With an eye toward courting evangelical voters, Senator Barack Obama arrived here on Tuesday to present a plan to expand on President Bush’s program of investing federal money in religious-based initiatives that are intended to fight poverty and perform community aid work.

“The fact is, the challenges we face today — from saving our planet to ending poverty — are simply too big for government to solve alone,” Mr. Obama is expected to say, according to a prepared text of his remarks.

...

The plan was met with praise from officials who crafted the Bush administration’s proposal, including John DiIulio, who in 2001 served as the director of Mr. Bush’s office on faith based initiatives.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jac, now I'm really confused. I read (OK, at LaRouche's website, but still -- I'm reading all sorts of people I never thought I would a year ago) that Soros bankrolled Obama to knock out Hillary so McCain (Soros's preferred candidate) will win, all to further the New World Order. (The New World Order in Europe is busy scheming an end run around the Irish rejection of the Lisbon Treaty.) I hate to think that voting for McCain would further the interests of the scoundrels who brought us Obama. Seems we can't win for losing. Any thoughts? (I realize this reads like a letter to Dear Abby.)

jacilyn said...

Not having adequate information to make an informed choice is the worst type of feeling out of control. The way the human brain deals with this discomfort is by trying to take the information that is known and make a coherent story out of it, because once we have an explanation, even a bad explanation, we feel a little more in control. But, in this case, we really don't have enough information to know the truth about what is happening. I, for one, find the dissonance intensely uncomfortable.

The only thing that is clearly obvious is that the Democratic party, whom we all relied on, sold us out.

What does this tell us about McCain? Nothing that I can see. Obviously there is some game-playing going on this election cycle, but we really don't know enough to say who is doing what.

So IMO the best strategy is to just keep gathering information. I remind myself that I don't actually have to decide on who to vote for until November....